Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Silence

This week has been a task filled week due to Delta Zeta responsibilities. Due to that, I have very little time to think about the sadness and heart-issues I am struggling with right now...until bedtime. I find myself avoiding sleep (what I am currently doing) so that I can avoid silence and time for me to think. In reality what I am avoiding is intimate time with God. Silence is when he speaks to us, its when we can truly grow near to him. I don't know what fear I have of that, maybe that it involves a lot of sadness or fear that my plan isn't his plan (sinful in itself).
I must pray against the fear of silence so that I can grow deeper to Christ. Below is an article that really has opened my eyes silence, I hope God can speak to you through it as He did to me.

www.biblicalspirituality.org/silence.html

No comments:

Post a Comment