Sunday, May 22, 2011

Are we waiting?

So I am sure most of you heard of this "end of the world" hooplah that went on this weekend. Of course my family had its fair share of jokes (especially this morning at breakfast) but on my drive back to San Marcos tonight I really got to thinking. The lyrics of the song I was listening to that sparked my thoughts were:

Sanctify us Lord, into your image
Make our whole hearts Yours, for Your Name.
Until you return, we are waiting.
Come Lord Jesus Come

I think I played these words about 15 times, before it really sank in what it means. Not only are we called to give our hearts to the Lord but we are to be constantly waiting and ANTICIPATING his return. I catch myself over and over saying, "Well I hope the world doesn't end yet because I haven't experienced a, b, or c." I know this is something almost every human struggles with but it has just really been on my heart tonight. Instead of being fearful of Jesus's return, I pray that I would be waiting and hoping that it would come sooner, so that this BROKEN world would be redeemed and God would be glorified once and for all. My favorite saying, He (God) is Better, fits this situation so well. He is better than anything earthly I desire, praying that I feel that this week.

On a side note, PLEASE PLEASE be praying for my boyfriend Kyle as he ventures of to Kenya for 7 months on Wednesday. Pray for safe travel, smooth transition, and for God to be reflected in his life on this trip.

Have a GREAT week!

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment