Thursday, September 6, 2012

God Teaching the Teacher

So as many of you know I am now two weeks into my dream job. For years I have waited for my own class, to call me Miss Whitaker, that I get to love on every single day, that I get to watch grow immensely, and that I get to teach how to be better friends and students. It is the most invigorating, challenging, exhausting, and joy-filled profession. The funniest part is that I thought they would be the main ones learning in the room. Amongst the MANY lessons I learn throughout the day on how to be a better teacher (or what NOT to do), the Lord is teaching me some deeper lessons.

This week the Lord used my sweet students easily distracted behavior to point me RIGHT to him. Now I can humbly say that my reaction to their lack of focus at times is not the most loving. To be honest, in my head my thoughts are far from loving. Even though I know I am blessed with my students, as a human it is impossible for me to not get frustrated (at times) with their misbehavior.

This is where the Lord rocked my world on Wednesday. How EASILY distracted am I by the world? How often do I misbehave or think that my ideas are better than my Great Teacher's? How many times does the Lord have to redirect me to make better choices or to trust in his plan for me? COUNTLESS! The best part is, is that the Lord redirects me in the most loving and sweet way I could ever ask for.

To me this was mind-boggling, humbling, and just simply beautiful. Praying the rest of this week for my heart as a teacher and that I would grow to look more like Christ to my students.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Rachael! Thanks for sharing what God's been teaching you - the lessons never end, do they? Praise Him for that. :)

    ReplyDelete