Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ungrateful Yet Still Gracious

Well I know I've said it a million times that I will keep my blog updated so I won't promise that again, but I do feel like updating this evening! I just spent the past few minutes re-reading past posts and just resting in the things God has done over the past few years. What a transformation there has been in my life ALL because of Him!! Praise God!!! Sorry for the outburst but it is just incredible to me! It would take a million pages to update you on the past 8 months of my life so I will just bullet-point a few blessings!

-I passed student teaching, was a long-term sub for 1st grade, and am now am employed as a 3rd grade teacher! I am blessed to be at the same school for all 3 of these blessings, Mooneyham Elementary in Frisco.
-I went to Haiti with an amazing friend and sorority sister Amanda! I think a whole blog post needs to be dedicated to that!
-I am fully plugged in to a home group at The Village! These women have brought so much light and encouragement into my life! I finally have TRUE community, ya know the kind the Bible talks about! It's crazy how awesome it really is, it's like I'm designed for that kind of thing ;)
-I finally got baptized!!
-I am now a Younglife leader in Frisco, Texas. I am leading the Freshman girls from Centennial High School.

As I re-lived all the memories and moments I recorded over the years I just felt God's grace on my life. I think about how disobedient, distracted, and idolatrous my heart really is and it amazes me that God still calls me His. Not only am I His, but he CONTINUOUSLY blesses me in massive ways! My heart is humbled tonight as I realize how ungrateful I have been, and how gracious He has been in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment